Original Mind: Uncovering your Natural Brilliance is an operator’s manual for creativity, scholarship and natural brilliance.
It invites you to awaken aspects of your mind you had no idea existed and to discover exciting new ways of learning. Powerful exercises, delightful activities, amazing stories and fascinating brain science all help you expand your mind’s brilliance. Neuroscience and learning pioneer Dee Joy Coulter challenges us to question the conventional definitions and limitations of our minds, and then to move beyond them. This delight-driven odyssey explores a vast landscape of untapped dimensions of consciousness, including:
- How to see again with the fresh wonder of an infant
- Calming, Enriching, Magnetizing, and Self-Regulating—four keys to character development and emotional resilience
- How reading profoundly changes our brains, and how to develop the remarkable capacities of the “pre-literate” mind
- Engaging the body to enrich the art of thinking
- Boredom, Complexity, Ambiguity, Permeability, and Novelty—five “tolerances” to liberate creativity and joy
- Protecting—and expanding—our cognitive faculties as we age
- Blending newfound intuitive skills and “school-learned” abilities to navigate the complex demands of the modern world, and much more
Receive a free booklet entitled Checking Your Channels! with each copy of Original Mind purchased from this website by March 22, 2016. We are going to explore three basic learning channels — auditory, visual and kinesthetic– and what it means when one or more of these channels fail to operate well. We will discover the role each channel plays in taking in information. When one or another channel is creating an obstacle to learning, we are faced with a real challenge.
Either we receive information in the modality that “works” for us or we may find new learning very difficult. This booklet contains inventories and practices to support your development.
Meet Author Dee Joy Coulter, EdD
Dee Joy Coulter is a nationally recognized neuroscience pioneer with a master’s degree in special education from the University of Michigan and a doctorate in neurological studies and holistic education from the University of Northern Colorado. In addition to 14 years as a special education teacher and program director, she served on the faculty of Naropa University for 20 years.Full Biography & Services