Original Mind: Uncovering your Natural Brilliance is an operator’s manual for creativity, scholarship and natural brilliance.
It invites you to awaken aspects of your mind you had no idea existed and to discover exciting new ways of learning. Powerful exercises, delightful activities, amazing stories and fascinating brain science all help you expand your mind’s brilliance. Neuroscience and learning pioneer Dee Joy Coulter challenges us to question the conventional definitions and limitations of our minds, and then to move beyond them. This delight-driven odyssey explores a vast landscape of untapped dimensions of consciousness, including:
- How to see again with the fresh wonder of an infant
- Calming, Enriching, Magnetizing, and Self-Regulating—four keys to character development and emotional resilience
- How reading profoundly changes our brains, and how to develop the remarkable capacities of the “pre-literate” mind
- Engaging the body to enrich the art of thinking
- Boredom, Complexity, Ambiguity, Permeability, and Novelty—five “tolerances” to liberate creativity and joy
- Protecting—and expanding—our cognitive faculties as we age
- Blending newfound intuitive skills and “school-learned” abilities to navigate the complex demands of the modern world, and much more
Special Spring Offer!
Receive a free booklet entitled Wondering About Your Memory Skills? with each copy of Original Mind purchased from this website by June 20, 2015. You can use this check list to discover your own unique set of memory skills!